Oliver has been wearing his smarty pants too. On 3/23 I posted this list of words he was saying and some he was signing, check out what he has added.
owl
dada
mama
NO
banana (nana)
bye bye
night night (ni ni)
da (I guess he prefers Russian version of yes)I know he is saying yes because he shakes his head yes and uses it in proper context.
woof (when he sees a dog or when I say dog)
----new stuff below-----
all done (with the words and sign)
yeah (for yes, that /s/ is tricky at the end of words)
water (something like wa wa, with the accompanying sign)
choo choo (said when he is driving his little trains, he is his father's son)
neigh
moo
bubble (buh buh)
Signs
please
milk
more
sorry
thank you
----new stuff-----
water
all done
ball
shoes
Other smarty things...
*I wouldn't call it potty training, but the potty is very much a part of our lives. The other day we were sitting on the kitchen floor enjoying a yogurt drink and Oliver started making that classic face. Oliver, I say, poop goes on the potty do you have to poop and he points upstairs. Okay, we run upstairs and sure enough. I would say about 70% of that business makes it into the potty, and that's a good thing.
*We go to a little kid gym class at a place called MyGym. We go there because I read good experiences from others and I got a great deal from a groupon. Anyway, Oliver is awesome at the gym class. He sits nicely while we stretch and warm up, he dances extremely adorably, and he always tries all the activities that are suggested. Today they got out his favorite activity, maybe even more favorite than swings, the rings. He sees them and it is love at first sight, but other kids are in line. They finish their 30 second turns and run off. The teacher hold Oliver's hands while he hangs, to keep him from falling. She soon discovers that is unnecessary. He hangs from the rings, swings, and pulls his legs up. She even lets him go upside down. It's sweet to see him go blissful.
*I always find him with books in his bed, and I love that. Put him to bed at night, walk in a couple hours later to check on him and he is sleeping on his bible. Go in to get him in the morning and the bible I removed during the night is back next to him or he is busy reading it.
*He has also been much more lovey. Less hitting, cute "muah" sounds followed by a smooch, and very nice goodnight hugs.
Insert self control. End post.
Next, you should teach him to say "Paddy McWhiskers."
ReplyDeleteYou don't have to insert any self control...I love reading about it all! =)
ReplyDelete(And I'm totally stealing the "smarty pants" idea!)
Oliver is a smarty pants! Very impressive!
ReplyDeleteI love reading your posts!!
ReplyDeleteAgree with Jayme. That was too short. Insert "awwwwwww, I love Oliver! He is so sweet!!!"
ReplyDeleteAwww, very sweet and smart! Welcome to the world of "da" for yes. I hope Irina didn't teach him that bad habit. It's really cute until you have to explain it to a million people that they really mean 'yes' but are speaking Russian. (?)
ReplyDelete