I've never used the new mixer for cheesecake and quickly discovered that the paddle attachment is sub par for this task and I should have chosen the whisk. Then I dropped an entire egg, with shell into the mixer and had to fish it out with my hands. I'm sure every wedding guest would love to know that. Then I forgot to add the cornstarch. To top it all off I over baked them. Even with all their mistakes I would never throw them away, surely someone would love to eat them. I was right, Jim says "You didn't throw the mistakes away, did you?" No never, here they are...enjoy.
I practiced again on Saturday because I said I would make dessert for bible study on Sunday and my 12 messed up cheesecakes were not going to be enough. Not enough in volume and not enough in deliciousness.
It was much better. Whisk, no shells, cornstarch, 10 minutes less baking time, and wonderful.
I concur on the delicious tasting mini cheescakes. It was delightful!
ReplyDeleteYou may practice making mini-cheesecakes at my house any day.
ReplyDeleteNow I want cheesecake!!!!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful! Practice makes perfect!
ReplyDeleteOh, I had a Girl Scout meeting tonight with another troop and one of the girls is from Lakeview. She had you for a teacher the same year I was at Lakeview. Sweet girl named Charissa. Her name could be misspelled. Recall?
Oh yum! I would love that recipe! ;o)
ReplyDeleteSuch a pretty cheesecake!
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteIf you screw up some more cheesecakes, send them to me, please! I would never make so nice cheesecakes as your screwed ones! :)
ReplyDelete